635 AGM 3rd December 2016
The register had its AGM on Saturday 3rd December at MG Motor’s Sales Centre, Longbridge.
There was a great turn out of MGCC members and guests including some new MG GS owners too.
Steve Haines and Sean Round gave a summary of the year for the Register, some bullet points:
- MG6 and MG3 numbers in the UK up to 8,300
- Driver Power survey results good for the MG6 and MG3. Thanks to owners from MG Motor
- Several successful events in 2016 supported by MG / 888 and MGCC
- Worldwide social media has increased, 1470 Facebook members, 200 Twitter followers
- Formal Register now on line
- Club merchandise stocks and sales are up
- A club gazebo has been purchased using the MGCC Douglas Mickel fund
- The 2016 Charity – Croghns and Colitis UK has been well supported. £220 plus and additional £130 raised on the day from the raffle.
Barry Faiers gave the Treasurer’s report showing increased turn over and funds and assets.
Mark Cropper presided over the election of the 2017 Committee. Nominations and voting returned the 2017 Committee as follows:
- Steve Haines – Chairman
- Barry Faiers – Treasurer
- Sean Round – Events and BTCC
- Steve Taylor – Technical
- Sheila Ballard – Registrar / Archivist
- Andy Littler – Secretary
The Register thanked Mark for his hard work over the last few years.
Sean Round went through some provisional dates for 2017 events, which will be published in the New Year.
The 2017 Chairman’s Charity will be Mind UK. a target will be to raise £635.
Tim Wright form SMTC Test and validation gave a very interesting talk on where SAIC Motor are in Product development. The future look extremely bright for MG models and the Design Centre at Longbridge.
Some very high quality raffle prizes were donated by MG Motor and the Sales Centre, SMTC, John Woods Motorcare, Roger Briscoe. As mentioned, £135 was raised for Crohns and Colitis UK.
Huge thanks to the MG Sales Centre for supporting the Register and allowing the use of their facilities.