Thursday 4 October 2012
Amey Theater, Abingdon School, Abingdon, Doors open 6.30pm, for 7.30pm start
THE THIRD presentation in this very successful lecture series promoted by the MGB Register will feature the complete story of Britain’s favourite sports car: the MGB. As it celebrates its 50th birthday, hear all about one of British engineering’s great achievements.
We have drawn together a distinguished panel of people who played an important part in ensuring the MGB found sales and competition success throughout the world; going on to become an iconic British Sports car that is still hugely popular and well-loved today.
Event organised by the MGB Register of the MG Car Club and sponsored by www.moss-europe.co.uk
This is a unique opportunity to hear the inside story told by those who played a pivotal role in this fascinating story. Chaired by distinguished motoring journalist Graham Robson our panel will be encouraged to tell their story:
• Don Hayter - MGB Designer
• Paddy Hopkirk – Legendary Rally and Racing Driver.
• Stuart Turner - BMC Competition Manager 1961 – 1967.
• Peter Browning - BMC and BL Competitions Manager 1967 – 1970.
• Bill Price - BMC Competition Department. BL Special Tuning, 1960 - 1981
• Den Green - Mechanic Abingdon Competitions Department.
• John Yea - British Motor Heritage.
(Panel subject to change without notice)
Tea, coffee, merchandise and raffle tickets will be available
Number of tickets available is limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
To book click HERE